YLD (21/05/30) – Adoption
For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” (Romans 8:15)
The Apostle Paul prized his personal relationship with God.
- It was extraordinary to him that the creator of the universe would step in and adopt him to be His very own son
- Paul had not done anything to attract such favour, but simply because it pleased God because of His tender mercies
- Paul wrote about adoption, his thoughts were for those who did not truly understand the Father’s love
A young boy without money, rejected, without a name and without a future
- He is a beggar and many regard him as a street rat
- One day, he looks for food in a dark corner of a busy street, he sees a beautiful family
- In his mind, he wants to have a mom and a dad to love and protect him
- Sisters and brothers to play with him
- Could this happen to him?
The young orphan continue to search out his next meal
- He notices a well-dressed man approaching him and tells him, “ I would like to adopt you to be my very own son.”
- The beggar thinks he is dreaming but it is true that the man begins the legal process of making him a member of his great family
- The boy was now treated as a son
- The boy had become the proud son of honour, enjoy with all the privileges of sonship
- He is overwhelmed by the generosity and love of his new father
- The life of the family and the life of they young beggar are changed forever!
Apostle Paul wrote about the glorious mystery of adoption
- How a person completely unrelated to God and His perfect holiness could be chosen as a child to inherit His vast riches
- Paul knew the love of a Father who was also King and Creator of the universe
- He enjoyed the belonging that came from being a part of the family of God
Apostle Paul’s life had been forever changed, and he urged us also to be changed by the truth of a perfect Father’s love