YLD (21/04/04) – Jesus is risen!
YLD Topic on Apr 4: Jesus is risen!
Key Scripture: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die. (John 11:25)
- For us: We are no longer separated from God because Jesus took all our wickedness, wrong doing away. Jesus’ blood washed all our dirtiness away and we are good and clean in God’s eyes.
- The blood of Jesus cleansed us.
- Like a shirt, it was dirty before and now it was washed and cleaned
- For Jesus: All the wickedness went to Him.
- Jesus took the wrong doings of every person. When Jesus took our sins, He experienced the separation from God for the first time. A deep sadness in Jesus that caused Him to cry out to God.
- God still loved Him, but a perfect God cannot stand or accept sin. Not even Jesus. Because of our wrong doings, Jesus separated from his Father.
- It’s hard to imagine we trade off with the homeless person, so to offer a better life for that person
- How about Jesus? He took over our place so we could have a whole new life.
Why would Jesus suffer and died for us?
- Love: God demonstrated His intense love for us; no matter how bad we are. He loves us, and He sent His son to die for us (Romans 5:8)
- Promise: Even before the world was created, God had a plan to save mankind and bring us back into relationship with Him (1 Peter 1:20). He promised that He would send a Messiah and He kept that promise.
- Relationship: When sin entered the world, one of the first effects was the loss of close fellowship with God. When Jesus died that relationship was mended for all those who put their trust in His sacrifice.
Resurrection is when a dead person comes back to life.
After Jesus died on the cross and was buried, He rose again on the third day; this is known as His resurrection.
- Jesus has the power over death, so we don’t have to be afraid of it.
Why is the resurrection important?
- The resurrection proved Jesus was the Messiah
- The resurrection demonstrated Christ’s power over death
- The resurrection proved Jesus’ sacrifice was accepted
Broken light bulb: Without Jesus, we are all like broken light bulbs
- When we sin, we break ourselves, we damage our connection with God
- We can’t shine like God made us to shine anymore
- We can’t do anything to fix our brokenness. Only God can.
New (not plugged in) light bulb
- The wonderful news is that God makes broken people whole again
- When we ask God to forgive our sins and believe in Him, He takes all the broken pieces of our lives and makes us new again – just like the new light bulb
Plugged-in light bulb
- Even a brand new light bulb does not shine if it is not connected to the power source
When we have the Holy Spirit in us, we can shine brightly for Jesus because His Holy Spirit is the power source.