YLD (21/03/28) – God Provides Isaac’s Wife, Rebekah
“Then he prayed, “Lord, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today, and show kindness to my master Abraham.” Genesis 24:12
Aim : God guides those who trust Him.
A. Genesis 24:1-14
Abraham’s servant pledged and prayerfully pursued a wife for Isaac
• Find Isaac a wife from Abraham‘s family (v4)
• God will send His angel to help the servant find Isaac’s wife. (v7)
• How did the servant recognize the woman who was to become Isaac’s bride? (v10-14)
What is Prayer?
• Prayer is talking with God, by confessing our sin, praising Him, thanking Him and asking Him for our needs and desires.
• God is accessible. We speak to God in prayer. He speaks to us through the Bible, listen to sermon and our spirits (hearts).
Principle 1: God guides us as we pray
B. Genesis 24:15-51
Abraham’s servant and her family confirmed God’s choice of Rebekah as Isaac’s wife.
• God began to guide the servant to Rebekah before he finished praying.
• How did Rebekah react to the servant’s request?
• How would you describe Rebekah?
• Rebekah and her family showed their trust in God by agreeing and giving permission for her to go.
Principle 2 : God keeps our focus on Him through prayer.
C. Genesis 24 : 52-67
Abraham’s servant and Rebekah quickly depart for Isaac and the marriage.
• Rebekah’s family wanted the servant to let her stay 10 days.
• Rebekah showed her faith in God and His guidance by going with the servant right away.
• Isaac showed his faith too by marrying Rebekah
How has God helped you when it was hard to follow God’s plan?
Principle 3 : God guides those who trust Him.