YLD (09/27) – Jesus is the way, the truth and the life
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life
Scripture: Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
Jesus is the way
- The disciples wanted to know the next step. The next step of finding out where is their final destination. Where would the journey in faith lead them?
- Jesus makes it clear that we won’t know all our stops from place to place. Instead, we just simply knowing and trusting in Jesus daily, and walking in faith that He is the way. When we are in Him, by faith, he will lead us exactly where we need to go as we walk in him.
- This leads to the second meaning. Jesus compared himself as a good shepherd.
- Therefore, Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep…I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.” (John 10:7, 9a)
- In order to be safe, we have to trust the shepherd, and not wander off on our own adventures and try to find our own way. That will lead us to danger and pain. But when we follow Jesus, he leads us to exactly where we need to go.
Jesus is the truth
Absolute truth is something that is true at all times and in all places. It is something that is always true no matter what the circumstances. It is a fact that cannot be changed.
In the Bible, it tells us not to lie under any circumstances. This is the truth.
- It’s obvious that Rahab lied to the messengers of the King of Jericho.
- At the end, when the Israelites destroyed the city of Jericho, Rahab and her family were saved as the spies had promised.
- It was by faith that Rahab the prostitute was not destroyed with the people in her city who refused to obey God. For she had given a friendly welcome to the spies. (Hebrew 11:31)
Did God approve Rahab to lie?
- First, simply because the Bible praises an individual for a righteous act does not mean that God accepts everything the person ever did.
God did not approve her lie but accepted her faith in Him.
Jesus is the life
- God does not only give us life on earth but also gives us an eternal life – a life that will not perish.
Don’t be a fool! There is only one way to our heavenly father, which is through Jesus.
He is God and he became a man in the person of Jesus. All you need to do is following Jesus and he will show the way, which leads to eternal life.