YLD (09/13) – Jesus is the light of the World
Jesus is the light of the World
Have you ever thought what would happen if the world without light?
1. No light – no direction
Let’s try it out – blindfolded myself
- I can see but now I can’t
- When I have no light, I can’t see – feeling in total darkness
- When we can’t see, we are lost. No idea where you are or where you are heading. Have no sense of direction.
- Some of us are scare in the dark because we don’t know what to expect
2. No light – we can’t see the truth and we can’t see what is hidden in darkness
Total darkness – The light will expose what is hidden in darkness. I did not put a blindfolded on but I still can’t see anything because there is no light
- At night, I don’t see dust in my house but when the morning comes, light shines in and I see so much dust floating around and it scares me.
- What makes me see? The light!
- But everything exposed by the light becomes visible
- But their evil intentions (the bad thing people did) will be exposed when the light shines on them (Eph 5:13)
- He [God] will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God. (1 Cor 4:5)
3. No light – we stumble and fall
- Jesus is the light. He helps us to overcome troubles and protects us from danger
Jesus is the light that leads us out of darkness – troubles and danger
It is not the eyes that are blind but the hearts
- We need to trust and follow Jesus
- Jesus will lead you to the light of life – He will show you the right thing to do
- He can show you the way to eternal life in Heaven!
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (John 8:12)